Wednesday, August 18, 2010

MORE MUSIC- Jim Croce

Following my post about Michael Hedges, I want to introduce you to another dead poet and songwriter. I fell in love with Jim Croce when I was just a child, not nearly old enough to know how profound his lyrics were.

Here's one song that proves my point...



And any man who has given everything for a woman and hung on the cross to pay for every sin of her old lovers knows what this song is about.



But my fave has to be this story-song about a man on the road who still pines for a lost love who threw him over for his best friend.



But Croche wasn't all about unrequited love or broken romances. He wrote some of the most sublime love songs ever penned. Such as this...



And there were things that were just for fun...



Enjoy!

No comments: